Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Boogies


Claire was born Mareike "Claire" on 2/20/02 at 2 p.m. I don't know if all these twos mean anything, other than that she is an extraordinarily special girl. But who doesn't think that about their daughter? You don't have to answer that. Mareike (mar-i-ka) means "little Mary" in German. Since we have a German last name, and I can speak a smidgen of German, and I really loved the meaning, we decided on this crazy, un-pronounceable first name. We chose to pair it with a classic middle name. We call her Claire. Or sometimes Boogies.



I'm pretty sure the Boogies thing was already a set name before this happened, but I can't resist showing this little clip of Claire when she was a few months old. I hope she won't be mad at me when I show it at her wedding.








Within the last year Claire has asked us to stop calling her Boogies, which I can completely understand and I have respected her wishes. I mean, she really is only a Booger some of the time. However, by default, and the fact that it rhymes with her name, she is now known to us as "Bear". Which, like a Booger, she sometimes is. When she's a bear, however, I just have to send her outside and make her sit for a few minutes. It's usually a guarantee that this works, as you'll see below.









Isn't she a beautiful, well behaved bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment