Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Beasts are Naked and Shivering


Well, we didn't have the comic relief of last year. So it sure was quieter this year. However, we had four less helpers, two less alpacas, and one new shearer.




But things went swimingly. Besides it being the kind of job that leaves you with dirty boogers and the scent of shit under you skin, Paul Bunyan and I feel cleaner after shearing day. All toenails are cut.




All teeth are trimmed.



Which is by far the very worst part of the day.





By far. By far. By far. But the smell of burning bone may have seemed worse this year because I had not eaten for two days.





And today is my fourth day of not eating.




I'll tell you about it some day.




But my hope and dream is that I feel cleansed.




And renewed and refreshed and refurbished and rejuvenated and restored. There is a lot of that going on around here. I can't wait to share it with you when it's all complete. Spring can be a glorious thing. I'm very glad, however, that I'm not a naked alpaca shivering in this damp winter weather, which is clinging to our legs like a naughty toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment