Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Got Nothin'

I've got a sliver of a moon belly up on the horizon. Right now. Out my window. And a sleeping dog at my feet. But I feel like I've got nothin'.

I've got a frayed t-shirt on from 1997. Right now. And a sleeping dog at my feet. But I feel like I've got nothin'.

I've got snowbanks higher than our roof right now. And a sleeping dog at my feet. But I feel like I've got nothin'.

I've got an epic ski day. Today. And a sleeping dog at my feet. But I feel like I've got nothin'.

I've got a road trip to Nationals to figure out. And a sleeping....Wha? You said Wha?

Yes, I said I've got a road trip to Nationals. What did you think I said?

You're going to Nationals? With the same team that lost almost every game in every tournament you played in this season?

Yes. I said we're going to Nationals in Detroit, Michigan.

Like, to play teams from Minnesota and Wisconsin?

Yes. To get our asses handed to us by teams from Minnesota and Wisconsin. Wanna come?

No. I don't wanna come.

Why not?

Why would I?

Because, it'll be fun. We're going to drive.

You're what?

We're going to drive.

You're going to drive? To Michigan?

That's what I said.

How long is it going to take?

I think 12 hours. Maybe 13.5 if I go with the girls who are driving in the US instead of Canada.

Are you fucking kidding me?

No, I'm not kidding you.

Why are you doing this?

Because we just won.

But you lost every game up until that point.

Who cares. We still won.

So, do you want to come?

No way.

Why not?

Because I have a sleeping dog at my feet.

That's your only reason?

Yea. That's my only reason. Why are you going?

Because. Because it's somethin'. And I've been feelin' like I got nothin' lately.

Okay. Well, good luck then.

No comments:

Post a Comment