Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just For the Record


Sydney asked me to go for a walk with her this morning. She asked very politely and waited patiently for me to wash some clothes, so I thought I would join her. That and she's been taking herself for walks all week so I figured I would do the responsible thing and actually put her on a leash.




Because, you know, I'm a very responsible pet owner.



She asked me if I would stuff my camera in my jacket to take pictures of her and the yard and the road and all the snow. And since I wasn't doing much of anything today besides laundry, I thought I would oblige.




I've been wanting to document all this snow. Paul Bunyan doesn't think we've had so much (accumulative) in the yard ever, as in EVER. We never had our annual January thaw this year. Sheesh, I hope I didn't just jinx us.


I love me this winter stuff. I love me this snow. I love me this cold weather. Not sure the chickens do. But they lay anyway.



Paul Bunyan has been one with the tractor these days.



Things are piling up around here.





Perfect for fort building.



Well Sydney took us up the hill and we measured snow banks with my shoulders.




And then on the way down we ran into this guy.




For those who don't live in New England, this grater is pushing back the snow for the more snow that's going to come...Sunday.




I mean we're really only halfway through the winter.




And I'm like a college student not wanting to go home after my semester at sea. I know, it's crazy.




But the snow makes me feel surrounded by insulation. As if my walls are now thick enough to keep my heat in.



And the loaders come to make the piles bigger.



And every time the grater comes to push back the snow for more, I get excited. There is MORE! to come. I've always imagined that our hearts have little graters and loaders. I thought of this when we were about to add two more persons to our family of three. I thought, "where is this love going to fit? My heart already floweth over." And then here came the grater to push back the love to make more room. And the loader just piled the love banks higher.




Sydney and Liebe told me that they agreed there's always room for more love and that they're ready for a new addition. But when I told Paul Bunyan this he threw a banana in my face.

1 comment: