Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Inductees Into the Little Sprout Doula Family


The tamarac tree is spitting its needles at us. They are propagating on the dogs' backs. Can you imagine if humans spread their seeds in this manner? And that the sperm were just floating through the airwaves for the woman to catch and place in her pocket somewhere? That would be weird.

Anyway, change is in the air. I know you can smell it too.

I ended my last post partum doula gig at the end of June last summer so I could spend the months of July and August perfecting the act of packing my mini-van. And I think I'll let you know that I got good at it too, since humility is my specialty and Paul Bunyan is usually the packer.

And so now, as life sometimes so timely handles matters like this, I've been handed a new (brand spankin' new) family. We're still getting to know each other but because I'm spending three days 'down there' a week, I'd like to introduce you to a few of the members.



This is Rosco. He likes his coffee black. He also likes his kibble mixed with some moist wet food and scrambled with some warm water. I've also been told he likes apples, but we haven't reached that stage in our relationship yet.




This is Nighthawk. I'm not sure if it's Night Hawk, like Tony Hawk. But we're just going to go for Nighthawk- one word.




But I call him Toto. He still comes to me.




I can't get over the nose! He likes his coffee with just sugar, no cream. And 3/8 of a cup of kibble at 1 p.m. Please and Thank you. Oh, and a carrot on the side.




They're good friends even though Nighthawk sometimes growls at Rosco. I think it's all in good fun.




Rosco has some funky whiskers. Black ones on the right and white ones on the left.



And a foxy tail to boot.




Now, the boys. The boys are identical. Just like mine.




Born a few weeks too shy.




I told Momma to trust her body. But these boys...they just wanted out.




To stretch their arms and legs.




And see the sunlight.





And to hear their own voices.




And to sleep soundly without getting kicked by the other one.





It makes a lot of sense to me.




And besides it gives Daddy and Mommy a chance to move slowly into this thing called parenting.




And to intently watch their brand new boys grow.

1 comment: