Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Shoes are Famous.

I bought my wedding dress at a small little boutique in Portsmouth, N.H. with my mother and my best friend Bridget. It was the only store I went to and I think the dress I bought (for $250) was one of four or five I tried on. We added a little sweater to it because it can get cold up in Northern Minnesota, even in August.

I can't remember where I bought the shoes. However, I know it was difficult to find the right pair because a) I don't wear heels, b) the dress needed to have shoes with heels on them, c) I have bunions the size of onions, d) I knew I'd be walking on the trails of Camp Kooch-I-Ching as I made my way back to our woody cabin in the woods with my drunk new husband later that night, over roots and rocks, and through possible mud puddles. A girl has to plan ahead.

I'll get back to my wedding shoes in a moment. But for now I wanted to show you the highlight of my day. Claire was "featured" in a commercial in her school play. She is Jill. I can't explain the Ugg Boots and I'm not going to try.





But almost more importantly, my wedding shoe is featured as Cinderella's slipper.



I'm glad no one can see the mud still caked on them...12 years after the monsoon that supposedly showered our nuptials in luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment