Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 9

I ran down a muddy road with a friend called Mud who pulled a dog with a leash tied around her waste.  She whistled to the birds and made my blue mood disappear into the beaver house.  I told her I heard the coyotes yip yip yipping the night before and between huffs she said, "cool".  I worry a lot about things I don't necessarily have to worry about but I had just left the taxes and escrow bill on the counter when I left.  They were there when I got home but there, too, was a desire to pull out the pom-poms and cheer myself on.  I guess that's what Spring does and a run down a road with a friend who talks to the birds.

Driving to hockey last night I saw two geese standing in the middle of the ice at the bottom of the hill.  They stood, honking, next to the beaver house- where my blue mood is lodged.  I tried to take a picture of them with my camera phone doohickey.  But alas, I can't see them in the photo.  But more importantly, I can't see the confusion on their faces, "Where the fuck is the water?" they bellowed.

I tried to honk back, "All good things come to those who wait!"

No comments:

Post a Comment