Thursday, November 10, 2011

Twindom

Hellooooo. Are you still there??? I know. I totally wowed you with my mattress story and now you're all like, 'Where has she been? We can not wait for another life altering lesson from the Hussy'. Well, I've been wading through the murky mire with these twins:


Scarlet


And Magnolia.

And so besides doing dishes, laundry, diapers, and bottles over there I've been smelling the dead leaves. And because all of those things are filling up my days, I haven't been able to think about you. Well, I've been thinking about you, about how I've abandoned you, but then the dishes, laundry, vacuuming and homework nazi is needed around here when I'm not smelling the dead leaves or doing dishes, laundry, diapers, and bottles over there. Now you're understanding... right?

Well, here has been my train of thought lately, which is just as unimportant as my mattress story and quite frankly if you leave me for good after this, I would completely understand.


The boys are trying to decide if they want to try wrestling this winter. Now, if you know anything about anything you know that IOWA is known for its wrestling program. I didn't know diddly squat about wrestling until I went to Iowa and then when the wrestlers, carrying each other on their backs, passed us on the stairs in the basketball stadium while we ran up them two by two to get into shape I sorta started to see the picture. But I became a huge fan, needless to say, and rooted for these twins during my four years there:



The Brand brothers. They dominated the sport at Iowa. Won multiple National Championships. Set crazy school records. Were the toughest athletes I've ever known.

Now this is a crazy commitment for my boys, every Tuesday and Thursday evenings for the months of January and February. I'm willing to sacrifice. Because just imagine!!


The boys are also contemplating hockey again this year. I'm a bit late with the registration thing and although everyone and their mother thinks I'm a crazy fool for starting them on this road, I just can't help myself. Especially, especially, after I watched these guys last year during the Stanley Cup.



But seriously, imagine!


Last Tuesday I went to see Brandi Carlile in concert. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It was her first time playing solo without her boys. And, still, all she could talk about were these twins:


The Hanseroth twins. And so when I got home and you tubed them, I was in awe. And all of the sudden the inner Santa in me said absolutely NO to the I-pod wish lists and a Definite YES to brand new guitars and lessons for the twins this Christmas.

But what's great about all this is that I get to dream. I get to dream. Because I'm good at that.


They might be good together, they might be fine apart, BUT (BUT!) they may be great together.





Just maybe.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and if you know anything about anything, you know that SYRACUSE is known for it's lacrosse program. (my best friend briefly dated the cutest one - he was an engineering major. which is why he probably dated my BF because she was the smartest engineering major). excuse the tangent. anyway - we were blessed with the amazingly talented Gait brother twins. they invented the "Air Gait" (look it up). it was so freakin cool & unexpected that it caused a rule change in the sport! dream on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gait brothers got inducted into the Lacrosse Hall of Fame the same year my mother-in-law did. So yea, I do know somethin' about somethin'. And I'm sorta famous too- by the fact that I married into that. However, I didn't know anything about the "Air Gait"- maybe someday they'll be such a thing as the "Air Ganz". cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two will do great things, there is no doubt about that!! (my fingers are crossed for their/your NHL dreams...cause that would be cool for us too)

    Sincerely,
    -The Over Stuffed Turkey

    ReplyDelete